I look forward to welcoming you to our practice, and helping you achieve a beautiful, new smile! I am a native of North Dakota, born and raised in Bismarck and moved to Fargo after completing my education. My team and I work together with patients on their goal to improve their smile and boost their self-esteem. Each member of my team is warm, inviting, and considerate ... experts in what they do. Several have been with me since I started in practice!
I take the time needed to make sure each and every one of my patients and parents understand their treatment plans. It is remarkable to see the changes that take place in our patients: not only in their teeth, but also how their personalities come to life over the years that we are privileged to have them in our office.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in natural science and psychology, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa — University of North Dakota
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery — University of Minnesota
- Certificate in orthodontics — University of Minnesota
I was honored to be asked to be a faculty member at my alma mater, the University of Minnesota, for several years and I am currently president of the North Dakota board of dentistry. I far exceed the minimum continuing education requirements for licensure by attending many local, regional, and national conferences. My team and I also take advantage of live online seminars, to keep up on current techniques and trends without having to leave our office.
In addition to being a former faculty member at the University of Minnesota and a current member of the North Dakota Board of Dentistry, I am involved with the following:
- American Association of Orthodontists, past delegate
- American Dental Association
- North Dakota Society of Orthodontists, past president
- North Dakota Dental Association
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists, past board member
- Heartland Study Club, orthodontic advisor
Outside the Office
I have a wonderful wife, Sarah, and three grown children. Leah and her husband Bates live in Denver. Our son Matt lives in Dallas and our youngest, Ellen, currently lives in Austin. Sarah and I certainly enjoy our travels to visit them. When I’m not in the office, you can find me at the lake in the summer and on the ski slopes in the winter. I am active in our church and participate in BSF bible studies.