I look forward to welcoming you to the practice, and helping you achieve a beautiful, new smile. I am a native of North Dakota, born and raised in Bismarck and I eventually moved to Fargo in 1988. It is a wonderful experience being able to serve the communities I know so well, and give back to those who have given me so much over the years.
I get to work together with patients on their goal to improve their smiles and boost their self-esteem with the best team members there are. Each member of my staff is energetic, friendly, and loyal. Most have been with me since I started the practice! Patients love that they see the same familiar smiles at each appointment, and second generations of patients can be treated by the same people as their parents!
I take the time needed to make sure each and every one of my patients understand their treatment plan and provide the highest quality care to achieve the best results possible. It is a privilege to see the changes that take place in our patients, not only in their teeth, but how their personalities come to life once they are no longer self-conscious of their smile.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Science and Psychology – University of North Dakota
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Minnesota
- Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Minnesota
I am involved with the Spears Study Club, the Heartland Study Club, and the University Gold Orthodontic Study Club, all of which are local, multi-specialty groups for high-level continuing education and collaboration in order to address all facets of the dental needs of my patients. Additionally, I regularly attend national and regional meetings encompassing all areas of current orthodontic practice.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association, Past Delegate
- North Dakota Society of Orthodontists, Past President
- North Dakota Dental Association
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists, Past Board Member
- Heartland Study Club, Orthodontic Advisor
Outside the Office
When I have free time, I enjoy sailing, wake surfing, water skiing, snow skiing, playing golf, staying in shape, and spending time with my wife, Sarah, and our grown children, Leah (Bates), Matt, and Ellen at the lake. Traveling is also a passion of ours. I am also involved in my church, Hope Lutheran, with leadership through the Church Council and various volunteering.